PROGRAM AIDE, FULL TIME -COLUMBUS
Department: Behavioral Health Services
Location: Columbus, NE
Job ID: 142
Date Opened: 2020-01-16
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: To assist staff in carrying out general operations of the Behavioral Health Day Services program for the severe and persistent mentally ill.
- Provide psycho-educational classes within the facility-based services: Provide psycho-educational classes and support groups in a manner that engages the participant to work towards their goals, share their recover story with others, and promote wellness. The class/group topics enhance independent living skills, job readiness skills, and promotes rehabilitative recovery. The classes/groups are offered using creative educational approaches that aid in matching various learning styles.
- Client-centered approach that focuses on exploring and resolving ambivalence and centers on motivational processes within the individual that facilitates change that includes identification, examination, and resolution of ambivalence about changing behavior.
- High School Diploma, 2 years post-secondary education or experience working with persons who have mental health issues or other human service experience. Volunteer experience will be a consideration.
- Continuing Education units from in-services and other available resources will be expected.
- A valid drivers' license State of Nebraska issued and meets all insurance requirements
- Provide participants with transportation (vehicle provided) to and from medical appointments, social activities, and out-of town residences as necessary.
- Starting pay $14.00 hr
- Excellent Benefit package: 403b Retirement match, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Flexible Spending Account, Supplemental Insurance, Vacation, Holiday, and Sick pay.
EOE/Affirmative Action Employer/All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected vetersan status/Drug Free Employer